Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Sweet Neighbors

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well.
~James 2:8
Grandaddy, Jack, Georgia, Amy Laurel and MawMaw
I must say, we are truly blessed to have such wonderful neighbors! Truman and Betty Moore have been our neighbors for almost 10 years now and they are precious! We refer to them as MawMaw and Grandaddy (they are my friends Brett and Tara's grandparents, and for as long as I can remember that is what we have called them). Georgia loves to go over and visit, so much so, that about a year ago, she came up missing, and I frantically search the house and then move outside. Where do you think I found her? Yep, at the Moore's eating a popsicle. She saw them outside her bedroom window and decided to go for a visit. They always have treats for her and Jack. We laugh because they have a table in their den that has nothing but pictures of their grand kids and great-grand kids, and right there in the middle of all of them are pictures of Georgia and Jack. Georgia does think she is one of their grand kids!

1 comment:

acarr said...

Dear Leigh Anne,
What a sweet tribute you wrote about my mama and daddy. It brought tears to my eyes! I hope you know that Maw Maw and Granddaddy love you and and your family...and they do consider Georgia and Jack as part of their family of sweet grandchildren. -- Amy