Monday, June 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Pie

As many of you may know, cooking is not one of my specialties. I get by, but it isn't something that comes easy for me. I saw this recipe on Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade a few months ago, and decided Georgia, Jack and I would make it for Michael for Father's Day. I had to share, because it was so yummy and EASY!! Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Pie

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Ice Cream Topping (Magic Shell)
1 Cookie Pie Crust (Oreo)
In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients with a hand mixer. Gently fold in whipped topping; pour into prepared crust and freeze for 2 hours. Once frozen, drizzle with ice cream topping and re-freeze for 20 minutes. Thaw slightly before serving.


Georgia Anne and Jack helped with the pie. After licking the beater, Georgia disappeared. Jack on the other hand, licked everything! He licked the beater, spatula, the mixing bowl and the Cool Whip lid. I must say, Jack really enjoyed the pie!



1 comment:

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Sorry I didn't come back by to try some. It was after 9 and I didn't see anyone moving about, but Michael informed me that y'all are never in bed before 9. lol.