Monday, August 10, 2009

Georgia's First Day of Kindergarten

It's official! Georgia Anne is a kindergartner! She started today at Tallassee Elementary School and did GREAT!! She was so excited about her first day of school. When we got to school, she went right in and found her locker and put her things away, found her seat and started working on a coloring picture. She waved bye to me and gave me a sweet, silly grin. I think I cried all the way to the car and then about ten minutes more. I thought about her all day and wondered how she was. When I picked her up, I asked how her day went, and she replied in true Georgia Anne fashion, "It was GREAT!!" She said her favorite thing was learning their class song, "The Rules of the Class." We're looking forward to a great school year!

Georgia Anne with Principal Wayne Pressley



Mrs. Dickerson's Class



I think she annoyed I was still there...that explains this face.



Last Thursday was open house at school. We met Mrs. Dickerson and took Georgia's school supplies. Before we went, Georgie kept saying, "I wonder what my teacher will look like? I wonder if she will have dark hair, if she will be short, if she will be nice.." After we went, I asked Georgie if her teacher looked like she thought she would. Her reply: "Yes. She has yellow hair like me, she is skinny like me, and we almost had on the same clothes. I think I'm going to like her."

Georgie and Mrs. Dickerson

Georgie outside their classroom, "Mrs. Dickerson's Jungle"

Georgia was very happy to have her best bud Caleb in her class

1 comment:

Lori Mercer said...

Oh YAY!! You are going to LOVE Renee (Dickerson)!! She is the best Kindergarten teacher! Ya'll have a great year!! :)