Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation

Mrs. Dickerson's Kindergarten Class


Georgia's Kindergarten Graduation was this past Tuesday. She was so excited about this (and me too). I really didn't expect to get so emotional. During the ceremony, it really hit me at what a special year she has had. She has grown into a young lady right before our eyes. She was so blessed to have gotten Mrs. Dickerson for her first teacher. She was blessed to be in such a sweet little class, and has made many new friends. I can not put into words how proud I am of this little girl!

Mr. Pressley (TES Principal) presenting Georgia with her "diploma"


They performed several songs. Georgia's favorite was "One Small Voice", which they also signed as they sang.




What happened next I wasn't prepared for. Mr. Pressley said they had several awards they wanted to present. I knew the older grades had award ceremonies, but it just never crossed my mind that they were going to do this with the kindergartners. The first award was the Character Education Merit Award. They described what they looked for in the student who won this....honesty, a leader, good role model, and basically having good and strong character. I was so stinkin' proud when they called out my little Georgie as the winner! I didn't have the camera ready, so I don't have a picture of her when they announced her name. It was the cutest thing ever! She was so surprised!



Then Mrs. Funderburk, their P.E. teacher, came to present a few P.E. awards. She won the female sit up award and the female fastest runner award. I got tickled at Michael...he was so proud of her athletic awards! Lord knows she didn't get that from me!



Afterwards, they had a very nice reception for the kids and their parents and grandparents.

Enjoying all of her goodies!


Georgie with her PROUD family!

Georgia Anne, Kirsten and Kiley


Bradyn and Georgia Anne

Georgia and her best bud, Caleb!

3 comments:

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Okay, I'm crying again just from reading this. If I'm ever able to be a mom, I have a feeling that there will be puddles around me wherever I go! lol. I'm glad Michael was videoing so he caught Georgie's Academy Award face. I love it!

Candace said...

I was just about to say how great I think it is that the whole family came out to support lil Georgia minus Toe!!! That is special being in the same town..trust me!:)))) And Kami's post is spoken like a PROUD Aunt!

Beth said...

I'm so proud of sweet Georgia! Sounds like she had a wonderful year :)