Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Butter-Me-Not Biscuits

After my Granny passed away a few months ago, Mama asked me if I would like to have some of her cookbooks.  For those who know me, cooking is not one of my strong points, so I figure I need all the help I can get...hee!  Anyway, one of the cookbooks she gave me was Calling All Cooks, a cookbook put together by the Birmingham Chapter of the Telephone Pioneers of America from 1982.  It is a GREAT cookbook and I have already found a few really good recipes.  I had to share these yummy biscuits with you.  They are so very easy and so very good!

Butter-Me-Not Biscuits

2 cups Bisquick
1 stick Butter
8 oz. Sour Cream ( I used reduced fat and it worked great)
Water
All Purpose Flour

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Mix Bisquick, butter and sour cream; add water if needed to moisten.  Form into a ball on a floured surface and knead 10 times.  Roll out and cut with cookie cutter.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.   

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that cook book! A friend gave me a copy after I did a children's sermon about how I can't cook. It has a recipe for everything!