Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall Back Gate

I got started a little early on fall decorating.  I am going to do a more Halloween themed front porch (since my kids have begged for that for the past few years).  I love fall decorating so I decided to add a few things to the back gate.  I really don't know why I have never done this before, since it is the way we come in our house.  I'm glad I did so we can enjoy it for the next few months.
I painted the garden flag from a left over drop cloth from another project.  I primed it, painted it and then sealed it with a clear varnish.
I had to get corn stalks for Jack's teacher at school.  I decided to keep a few to add to each side of the gate.
And how could I not add a photo of my little side kick? 
 

5 comments:

Creative Raisins said...

Okay seriously this is so awesome it makes me want to put a cute little gate in like that. ~ Lisa

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your gate looks wonderful! Such a great looking gate to start with and it looks amazing all decked out for Fall!

Kristina P. said...

But, Leigh Anne, don't you know you can get lice from corn stalks?? lol!!! :-)

I love your gate area decorations! I'm all for decorating areas where YOU will get to enjoy them too (not just your visitors).

His Jules said...

Love your decorations. As usual you have made me envious of your talent and creativity! ;-)

Teresa M. said...

Leigh Anne, found your blog from Pinterest and am enjoying reading through it!! You are so very talented! How do you make the tiles that hang from the garden flag stake? I LOVE the Merry Christmas one with your family name! I would love to have a tutorial on that. Thanks so much!!